DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advanced driving and riding

Posted by hi2tux - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hi2tux - 9 years ago

The first meeting for everyone interested in advanced driving or riding will be held at 10am on Sunday 15th November 2009 at the Avanti Hotel, Paphos. We look forward to meeting you there.

Directions: from the Debenhams roundabout travel south (towards the coast). Straight over at the next roundabout and the hotel will be on your left before you reach the end of the road.

Steve

Sorry no image available

Lots of questions so some more info for everyone.

Hi

All the training is free andfor as long as you want it to continue. You use your own car andgenerally each period of training will last for about one hour.

Gwynand I have spent a lot of time discussing this project with ROSPA inthe UK (please view their website - details in my earlier post) inorder for us to get this up and running. We have a lot of expertise indriver and rider training with the emergency services. I was a Grade 6Approved Driving Instructor - the highest grading available in the UKfrom the Driving Standards Agency and a Progresive Advanced DrivingInstructor training police, armed services and employees of companiesoperating large fleets of vehicles to improve driver safety and reducecollision rates.

Without our qualifications we would not be able to represent ROSPA in Cyprus.

ROSPAattends the annual road safety conference in Nicosia and liases withthe Department of Road Transport and the Police on road safety matters.We also attend as we are committed to improving road safety in Cyprusand have already helped individuals and organisations to do this.

Wewish to hear from like minded people who want the opportunity to updateor improve their own driving and riding skills, so feel free to call usto discuss your needs. At the moment we are taking contact details inorder to help us respond to the demand and arrange the date and venueto kick start this initiative.

Should anyone wish to join thischaritable organisation then an annual membership and examination feewould be applicable, having taken the driving or riding test to proveacquisition of the skills (please read the website for details).Ultimately, like the UK we wish to work to achieving member benefits,for example cheaper insurance!

Already people have beenexpressing an interest in becoming Observers and meeting new friendswith similar interests. The more people that become observers meansthat more people can join us with no delay to them starting up with us all.

We look forward to hearing from you all and remember......keep it shiny side up!

Sorry no image available

Hi

Yes it will be based in Paphos. Steve

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 9 years ago

i would this be paphos based ? .