DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car DIY - Where do you buy your parts

Posted by lawrence38-682147 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 9 years ago

They all speak english, the garage I am at only speak english, easier to tell you directions than write them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lawrence38-682147 - 9 years ago

Oh , and one more thing, could you please give me some directions to this address for O&K spares, where is 55 Vasileos Pavlou. I know you gave me the number to call but just in case someone answers and talks only in Greek (happens to me all the time) and then I won't understand correctly.

Thanks again

Sorry no image available
Posted by lawrence38-682147 - 9 years ago

Thanks for responding , I'll have a look at o&k spares and, yea it's quite funny (but sad at the same time) that it's cheaper to have something shipped all the way from the UK or even the US than buying it here...

I've also bought few bits, (missing front badge, decal etc.) which were less than 7-8 euro for 3 things which was much cheaper than buying it here...even the scrapyard I've went to and actually found one small badge (old Opel) were asking 10E....I believe some of the people that do business in Cyprus would rather not sell something, let it go in the trash than giving you a reasonable deal...they can't be satisfied unless they rip you off a bit...

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

HI Lawrence,

We've used O&K Spares in the past for parts but recently, in the last three or four years, we've bought through ebay.co.uk from companies who are happy to post to Cyprus. We found parts for our car on ebay the seller didn't mention in the listing that they would post to Cyprus but a couple of emails later and we had the deal sorted, postage cost around €8 for air filter, oil filter, set of plugs and some brake fluid.

The total cost was about €20 less than we'd been quoted here, so as long as you don't mind waiting around 10 days for delivery you should be OK. I guess for non-emergancy repairs (ie services ) the delay is fine you just need to plan ahead a bit. Haven't tried buying tyres this way though... as yet!

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 9 years ago

I buy my bits from O&k spares, lot of garages buy from them, 55 Vasileos Pavlou St, Limassol. Call 25560812

Geoff