DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car Hire

Posted by christine murless-697900 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tonypp - 8 years ago

Hello again, There is a bus shuttle called Kapnos Bus Service that runs between Larnaca airport and Nicosia. They run nearly 24 hours a day about every hour. You will need to get a taxi from where they stop in Nicosia to the border. There are two Border crossings in Nicosia. Do not go to the one in the town centre because it is mostly ment for people just walking to the other side. You will find yourself in a maze of back streets and perhaps have a problem finding a hire company. The other crossing is for cars and is on the edge of the town and better for getting a hire car. I do not have a phone number for the bus company,sorry but Larnaca is still a small airport so you should have no problem finding them. Have a good holiday

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi again Christine,

I think you'll need to check up on something.

As you are flying into Cyprus then crossing directly into the TRNC. If you're stopped at the airport and they see you are visiting/holidaying they are likely to ask which hotel you will be staying in etc. If you say northern Cyprus I suspect your feet won't touch the ground. I'm not fully across the rules on this as we've lived here for 10 years so if we're stopped at customs its fairly straight forward for us as we can prove where we live.

I don't want to worry you but it is something you need to check. If I'm completely wrong then I'll say sorry now. I'm sure another user can clarify this one.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by christine murless-697900 - 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice so far. Does anybody know if it's possible to get a bus from Larnaca (airport) to the border, walk across and collect a hire car. As we're staying in the North this seems the best solution.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi Christine,

Take a look at this thread http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?page=1&topic_id=34162 there are others too on this site that cover this subject.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by tonypp - 8 years ago

You might have a problem. Most if not all car hire firms do not allow you to take a car across the border. Tony