DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car Import Duty.....Latest News

Posted by robcar - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jjwet - 8 years ago

But what about the extortionate REGISTRATION FEES?? Does anyone have any idea whatsoever what is happening or whether it is legal? Registration fees are quite different from import duty so perhaps some people are getting wires crossed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by detox92 - 8 years ago

A friend of mine registered a vehicle by sitting in the Limassol offices for nearly 2 solid days, filling out this form, filling out that form bla bla bla. He said to me he nearly lost the will to live but because of this he saved a fortune! I think it cost him somewhere in the region of 70 euros to do it himself from what he said they definitely werent in it to make life easy for him. So...... If you have the time and patience have a go at that before you give in and let them scam some more cash out of you.

Sorry no image available

But what about the extortionate REGISTRATION FEES?? Are these ever likely to be eliminated or reduced to sensible levels? Grateful for advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 8 years ago

Did the other eu countries that charge duty get fined ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by myAngloINFO-704196 - 8 years ago

I have learnt that the Cypriot Government have been fined for imposing import duty but still they impose it. It appears that the fine of a few million euros is not sufficint to deter them as the revenue is twice as much. Is it not time for the EU to double the fine so that we are all on a level paying field within the EU.

The sooner this illegal tax is stopped the better

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 8 years ago

Paid for 2 cars today in Limassol, steady stream of people behind me waiting to pay.

Sorry no image available

Does anyone know anything about the scrapping or reduction in registration fees? Or was it just a wishful rumour ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by dathingfish - 9 years ago

Ok .... here is what I was told by a cypriot friend who I import the odd vehicle with

NO change in Duty..... but registration fee's will be virtually eliminated imminently

I, However , remain sceptical as govt finances may preclude any changes

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

Any update to import duty and/or registration fees reduction/elimination?? Someone MUST know something more - surely ....?????

Sorry no image available
Posted by Stefan.N - 9 years ago

Any updates about the vehicle import duty??? Anyone?