DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car Tax Discs

Posted by Cat Lady - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by macmcdade - 9 years ago

This doesn't have anything to do with the possibility that the government have added on the road tax to the petrol prices and the ROAD TAX it now non-existent????

Any chance of a refund?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miguel-661697 - 9 years ago

Thank you Johnners, but I still don't see how it will make such a difference. Now I have to think about where to put GPS. I actually saw a car this afternoon that had removed their tax disc from the front screen and it was put on the back screen - I did have to laugh!

If the police will be checking tax disc, MOT and insurance by logging into some gadget with the number plate, they will find that a lot don't even have the number plate on the front. What to do then?

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Miguel,

The link in my post just above yours is to a thread about this story.

One of my posts has this link http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/remove-road-tax-disc/20100408 The second paragraph sums up the idea behind it. Although as you say when did a small disc in the bottom left of your screen ever stop you seeing anything? Incidentally it is 'all round clear vision' so any stickers on side or rear windows need to be removed too.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miguel-661697 - 9 years ago

I've removed my tax disc, but just out of curiosity, what exactly is the purpose of clearing things from the windscreen? I was told that it may be related to having a clear view, but I don't recall looking through the bottom left hand corner of the windscreen when I was driving.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Cat Lady,

Here's the link to another thread with more about this.

http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?page=1&topic_id=52875

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by JoHo-689100 - 9 years ago

Hi,

Following on from what has already been written about this subject on this thread,

I have heard that from today, the police will be fineing all car drivers 50 euros for having

anything displayed on the windscreen.

JoHo

Sorry no image available
Posted by kafenes - 9 years ago

Only this afternoon I saw a police car with a sticker on the windscreen.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cat Lady - 9 years ago

Thanks Mystic, just wanted to be sure before telling neighbours and friends.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mystic - 9 years ago

I sent you a website link with the info, but in brief, it is now ilegal to display anything on the car windows. For a while there will unlikely be prosecutions, just advice from the police to remove them, however they can prosecute if they so wish.