DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car Tyres

Posted by napier11 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by napier11 - 8 years ago

Many thanks Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi Napier,

I've replied to a PM about this and assumed it was you who'd sent it. So I've only just seen your question.

You'll find Leftkaritis at the top end of Kilkis Street. They're just up the road from Larnaca Tennis Club (the one that had the big fire at the end of November) Can't be more specific with directions as it was my wife who ended up taking the car there after she'd dropped me off at the airport. We gave Leftkaritis a call the day before to make sure they had the correct tyres in stock.

Johnners

Sorry no image available

Thanks johnners - can you tell me where abouts in Larnaca I can find them please?

Many thanks

Sorry no image available

Hi again Napier,

We got our Bridgestones from Leftkaritis Ltd in Larnaca 24848200, I know you've said you're in Limassol but these are the importers and supply all dealers in Cyprus with Bridgestones. It's 12 months since I was there but I do remember getting a good deal on a set of four tyres fitted, balanced etc.

Give them a call and check prices, could be worth a steady drive and morning out in Larnaca ;-)

Johnners

Sorry no image available

Thanks to all for replying. After taking advice, I have been told that if the car has 275/60/18 then it should not be fitted with anything else - certainly the owners handbook that I have does not say that anything else can be fitted.

Next question please: I am in Limassol and can anyone recommend good garage to fit. The size tyre that I have been quoted ranges from 200 euros to over 300 EACH!

I do not want remoulds but only Bridgestone / Michelin though a garage did tell me that they could get me "scorpion" tyres, which I have never heard of? Any thoughts please on either garage or "scorpion" tyres? I do not want to buy any that may have an unplesant sting in the tail...... (Sorry ;-) )

Thanks again to all who have replied.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tom tom-663526 - 8 years ago

Correct, his tyres are 165mm profile( height ) at the moment,so if he is being offered smaller width tyres at same profile then everything changes....ie overhaul width and height...........all be it a little , but there is a differance! Make sure rims are original and tyre sizes are correct as listed in hand book......

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 8 years ago

60% of 275 = 165

Sorry no image available
Posted by tom tom-663526 - 8 years ago

275/60/18.......let me explain..

275= width of tyre in mm

60 = profile of tyre ....and is the % of width ie; 60% of 275mm, many people think this is 60 mm of the profile/height of tyre but it is a percentage,

18= rim size

as said check handbook,....... garage is only trying to sell what he has...... shop around, i have a good tyre shop where i go and he will get me any size.... good luck.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that guys (or gals) - johnners: good website thanks.

Sorry no image available

Hi Napier,

Check the Landcruiser handbook it should show alternative tyres that they recommend to use.

Also have a look here http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator it will illustrate the difference for you in the tyres specs you quoted.

Johnners