DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Confiscation of motor vehicle

Posted by ExWycombegirl - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

yes you can .

Sorry no image available
Posted by ExWycombegirl - 8 years ago

Hi Mike

I am still waiting to register as a resident of Cyprus but the good old UK have held up some documents that I requested at beginning of April. Do you know if I can re-register my car before receiving my Alien Card?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Berlin-699203 - 8 years ago

If it is anything like before the first stop is customs at Larnaca Port,for a valuation.Then the Dept. of Transport in Aradippou with English log book,so they check Engine No.etc(best to allow all morn. for this).Things to take Log book,Passport/ID Card, Aliens card.They will give you a form to fill in,this is all in greek,but there is a translation on the wall above the table in the end bay.Good luck.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by ExWycombegirl - 8 years ago

Hi Baxi

Thanks for reply. Did think guy was a bit above his station - just wanted to show his authority. It has made me wary of going over now until I have re-registered. What I need to know now is where do I have to go to re-register my car? - The customs guy said the office is near Arridipou (on the way to Larnaka) Does anyone have a contact No. for this office?

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

i am afraid he was blagging you , i have crossed over a number of times back & forth on uk reg plates , which were on the vehicle for 10 months , on one occasion did get abuse from young custom,s (g/c ) at metehan threatning to take the motor , then his superior , waved me on . that is why one has not got to give them any excuse to give you hassle ie - cigs , tob , spirits . property .ect .