DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Did your road tax go up this year ?

Posted by lawrence38-682147 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lawrence38-682147 - 9 years ago

sorry, what I meant to say was that for my car it was 10-15% less that the rates at which it's show there, which can also be found on the official website of the Rd. Trans. Dept.

Sorry no image available

thanks for all the replies..
It's weird because according to the calculation rates found here: http://www.cyprusdriving.net/documents/Road_Tax_Cyprus.php
the tax this year should be the same as what I saw online but last year the tax was abou 10-15% that the way it's calculated there...I don't understand what's that difference supposed to be...

"bahus" if you use the calculation 1350cc x 0.04272 = 57.67 a little more than what you paid...maybe there's some other kind of rebate involved ?!?...I don't get it...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sonia Deighton-669663 - 9 years ago

Mine was the same as last year - and it only took me about 1 minute to pay and obtain my car tax on line - so happy that Cyprus are slowly inching their way into e-commerce...YAY!

Sorry no image available
Posted by joana-673934 - 9 years ago

Mine is the same too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by claireandmilan - 9 years ago

Mine is exactly the same

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

No increase in mine - it's still €489 ..... why on earth did I buy a car with a big engine??!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Stefan.N - 9 years ago

No increase with mine

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bahus - 9 years ago

Paid road tax for my Megane (1600cc) and Mazda Demio of my wife (1350cc) today. The rates are as they were the last year (96 and 52 euros).

Sorry no image available

Ok, maybe it's too early being the first day when jccsmart started accepted payments for the road tax but if you do pay your tax these days, please post here your 2009/2010 tax or at least mention if it went up or not.
I'm mostly curios because I see no online reference to the way they are calculating it different from 2009. The only thing online is the pdf file showing the rates/cmc.

Thanks !