DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Export of car to UK

Posted by Ysgol - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by phileasy69 - 6 years ago

Hi Ysgol

What is the name of the shipping agent & how much does it cost door to door? I need to do the same shortly.

Regards Phil. Larnaca

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

i took my transit to cyprus a couple of years ago , changed reg to local reg . drove across to trnc . ferry to tasuci turkey ,bulgaria , serbia ,bosnia , croatia , slovenia , austria , germany , belgium , uk . fergin ferry kyrenia to turkey , mon - friday , £100 inc passengers . you drive into uk has a visitor ,( police interested in insurance .)eec covers all . much easierer than shipping , cost app £700 inc tolls & fuel .

Sorry no image available
Posted by sammie-667701 - 8 years ago

Thanks for reply

did you bring it back from cyprus?? if so which route did you take, I didnt think there was a ferry from cyprus to anywhere in europe!! my car is also a japanese import so I need to fing out if the duty and VAT was paid on it when it was imported into Cyprus, and I will probably need a certificate of conformity which costs over £600 I have been told. I think its going to be one big headache!!!

sammie

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

it is much easier to get a car into the uk through a port when one is driving it , uk gives you 12 months to decide whether it is staying or not . if it is shipped in it is regarded as goods , ( ie storage charges at port ) i am using cyprus reg motor in uk at the present .

Sorry no image available
Posted by sammie-667701 - 8 years ago

hi, saw your message from last year and was wondering if you could help. I want to ship my car back to uk and it was bought in cyprus imported from japan. How much did it cost you for certificate of conformity?? and did you put it in a container or roll on roll off???

sammie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ysgol - 8 years ago

great thank you i will look into this

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maggie P - 8 years ago

HELLO, we had to get this certificate to get a mot , so we could reregister the car . it was a 04 and we took it to the uk 2008 , have a look on DVLA site

Sorry no image available

Hi

What is this form for?

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maggie P - 8 years ago

Hi, you may want to look in to getting a certificate of conformity ( you have to buy this ) . We did when we took our pt cruiser in to the uk from southern Ireland ( not part of the uk )

Sorry no image available

Thanks Kazanddave tried selling it here but there are no buyers, they either want automatic or want for me to pay for them to take it! Cant believe it it's a great car?!?!?!