DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Getting a cyprus bike licence

Posted by AndrewMoni - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pdobbo - 7 years ago

PS The Practical is NOT always in the car park, I know of people who took it out on the open roads (both examiner and learner wearing radio headsets).

Sorry no image available
Posted by pdobbo - 7 years ago

Your Cyprus driving licence allows you to drive any motorbike/scooter up to 125cc/25kw.You can drive a larger bike on a provisional licence, but you must display L plates, and aren't allowed to carry a passenger.
The theory test for the provisional licence is in English.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ML-670302 - 7 years ago

hi, of course there are several instructors that teach for bike driving exam, but their services are very expensive
I asked one (found him near the road department teaching a snake one of his student on a chopper 1l) and it was 250-270 Euro just for an exam passing !

you easily can rent a bike , make special 1 day insurance for exam - around 15-20Euro ( ask e.g. Minerva insurance they do it) and pass the exam - and it would be 3-4 times cheaper

Sorry no image available
Posted by hadra - 8 years ago

theory is basicaly him askin you 6 or 7 road signs. In english. As per practical test all you need to do is drive your bike on the car park. as i mentioned before you have to bring your own bike. you might find it difficult to find any instructor for bike driving license. I really dont think something like that exists in cyprus... call the transport office at polemidia and they'll explain everything.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

Is the theory exam written or oral?? In greek or english?? What about the practical test - greek or english?? Still looking for an english speaking instructor!! btw - I DO have a car driving licence - do I still have to do the theory exam??

Sorry no image available
Posted by hadra - 8 years ago

you go to ministry of transport in Limassol (Polemidia). you have to pass theory exam first (EUR25). its easy, only few questions re road signs. Then you get provisional license on which you can drive any bike! As far as i remember they dont provide bikes so you have to bring your own bike for the exam!! not a scooter!