DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help buying a car tomorrow need advise

Posted by aimeedawn - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by aimeedawn - 9 years ago

Thats great thankyou all for your replies x

Sorry no image available
Posted by expic - 9 years ago

Yes, you can fill and sign T.O.M-9, from that moment the car is basically yours, you can go to Road Transport Department alone later on and transfer logbook to your name.

Sorry no image available

ok so if i print out a TOM9 form and get the seller to sign it when we have paid can i take the car away or will he already have a TOM9?? x

Sorry no image available
Posted by TT BIKE - 9 years ago

hi easy way if your buying a car s/hand if your not being sold a pup go to liecence office with the owner and your insurance cover note and take your yellow slip or passport it takes 5 mins or so when being served ...easy done it 2 times since living here make sure owner takes his id or passport and he or you has the change over paper (from a car dealer) or liecence office stampted from the muccta

Sorry no image available

ok thankyou x

Sorry no image available
Posted by bizkit-665223 - 9 years ago

the cheap way is that you make an insurance on your name for the car u buy then with the cover note you go to transfer the car on your name witch is 8 euro`s only when you sign a transfer paper the agency might charge you more than 8... this is how i done when i bought my car.

Sorry no image available

Hi sorry is that the logbook?? or the form i need t send off many thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by panicosnicolaou - 9 years ago

the sellers signature on the selling document ( title deed ) needs to be notorised