DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

info needed. how do i drive a van to Cyprus

Posted by tony the plumber - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dolly402 - 8 years ago

fraid not mate , been told ''''''MAYBE MAYBE ''''''' March next year , but like the others say ' don't hold your breathe '

Sorry no image available
Posted by tony the plumber - 8 years ago

dose anyone know if the roll on roll off ferry is running yet?

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprus-dodger - 9 years ago

It was front page headline Cyprus Mail Thursday 10th June and probably in the Cyprus Weekly next day also.

dodger

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

A Roll on Roll Off vehicle/passenger ferry is starting after the Summer (when not yet published) it will go from Lavrio Greece (a bit down from Athens) to Limassol, the shipping company said the trip should take up to 18 hours.

I wouldn't hold your breath - this is Cyprus, after all! "After the Summer" could be anytime - anytime after any summer! I heartily agree this would be a much needed and, I imagine, well used service, but knowing the way things work (I use the term "work" loosely) here I don't hold put any great hopes of seeing it in action in the next couple of years.........

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 9 years ago

I would, and make sure it is insured.
Tools and equipment in a van are an easy target.
Make sure everything is itemised in the insurance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tony the plumber - 9 years ago

Thanks johners. thats an option. we may well have to do that. very nice of you matie.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi again Tony,

I understand your idea of adventure. In 2002 my brother and sister-in-law drove from England and picked up a Salamis Line ferry in Piraeus (they had a one way hire car and left it at the docks) to Limassol, sadly I don't think that route operates now.

Personally I'd freight over your plumbing tools, clothes and any other household items, what the heck if it takes two or three weeks, at least your chosen cargo company can handle the paperwork and customs side of things. Meanwhile you drive your family across mainland Europe then fly the last bit. It will be much less hassle at the borders for you too.

Johnners

Sorry no image available

thanks matie. was it in the cy weekly?

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprus-dodger - 9 years ago

Tony it was only reported in the Cyprus paper a couple of weeks ago, as you will appreciate when you get to Cyprus things do not move that fast.

I expect that further details will be published quite soon, be patient no passenger ferries have run to Cyprus since late 2001.

If I hear anything will put in on forum.

dodger

Sorry no image available

dodger where can i find out more info on the roll on/off ferry?

if this happens it would be great news. thanks matie.