DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

junk car

Posted by mrsA - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mrsA - 9 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to share that information. It's good to know. Thanks again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

MrsA, you were asking about the government scheme for getting old cars off the road. They did run several sessions - for cars over 20 years old, then those over 15 years old but those have now closed and they say they don't have the money to extend the scheme - though the Greens Party is pressurising the government to do so. (They were supposed to take it down to 12 years I believe.)

Anyway under the scheme (which we used, so were familiar with) you had to have valid road tax up to the month before scrapping. So I don't think it would be worth holding on to your vehicle 'in case' the scheme re-appears. (You'd have to pay 'back tax' between now and whenever the scheme was re-introduced, plus find somewhere to keep the vehicle in the meantime.)

However it paid a minimum of euros684 (if you didn't buy brand new car to replace it), then varying amounts according to the eco-friendliness of your new car.

You might be successful selling it for spares - or to someone who wants to use it as a 'teaching' project!

Sorry no image available

You are welcome.

MOT expires tomorrow

Tax disc expires at end of year

We are in Zygi. however car is in Limassol at prersent in Zakakki.

It was manufactured in 1994.

Sorry no image available
Posted by alski - 9 years ago

Thanks for reply. How old is car , does it still have mot and tax and where are you ?

Sorry no image available

The engine has overheated and requires new engine rings, piston cleaning, and service.

Sorry no image available
Posted by alski - 9 years ago

my friend may be interested in car .what is wrong with it ?

Sorry no image available

Thank you for your reply. Has this program started yet? I was under the impression it was only in the planning.

Sorry no image available
Posted by zorsav-688296 - 9 years ago

Hi there,

Try any Government office tt you register car in or change ownership etc. In Limassol it is close to the end of the beach road. There is definitely a Government plan for tt. I asked that myself.

Kind regards

Zoran

////