DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Moped Registration

Posted by mcgeo - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mcgeo - 8 years ago

Many thanks to all who took the time to reply.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosie S - 8 years ago

If the moped has cyp plates then it is VERY illegal and should you find yourself involved in an accident, god forbid, your insurance etc would be void, infact you probably couldnt insure it.

You would probably have it taken off you if a random check was made and heavy fines issued.

Still sound like a bargain?

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

If it was not itemised as part of shipment I am most surprised and have to ask are you 110% certaiin that IS how it arrived. As previous write has said persoanlly I would not touch it with a barge pole as there are many others available with correct paperwork. Cyprus has been a destination for stolen UK high performance vehicles - so it is always possible that an odd moped has slipped over too (to stop it being found/identified in the UK perhaps??). No - avoid would be the best course of action I think.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosie S - 8 years ago

The bike needed to be inspected and a customs certificate issued when it arrived in Cyprus. This is a huge headache and sorry to say personally I wouldnt touch it. There are so many bikes out there with full papers.

HTH