DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

MOT and Insurance

Posted by Yoshik - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 8 years ago

Was the tax disc paid for online there and then in your presence? If so, then the car is MOT'd and insured, as the online process will not issue a disc otherwise. If you did not actually see the details go in and a ready-done disc was given to you, then all that proves is that there was an MOT and insurance current at the time the disc was obtained. Did the dealer tell you who the insurance was taken out with? And do you have a registration document in your name?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 8 years ago

MOT ~~If the car document shows your name you can pop along to your local ministry of transport office and they will print you a copy for a small fee ~ take your id card or passport with you .

As for insurance ~ ask the dealer for a cover note as you are not happy without some proof that you actually have insurance .

I have a hell of a time getting the new insurance cert when I renew ~ sometimes it takes them 2 months to get the cert to me ~ to them it seems perfectly acceptable but I rock the boat a little and insist they fax a copy of the cert which they usually do just to keep me quiet .

I think it's time you went back to the dealer and insisted that he gives you the missing documents asap .

Bill