DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Motorcycle Insurance

Posted by hhornet599 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hhornet599 - 9 years ago

just an update. I called Andy and now I am insured with Chartis for 188 EUR/year (3rd party). I think is the best offer on the market so far. I will insure my car with them also.
Thanks for the info.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Currylover - 9 years ago

Abbeygate have offered me fully comp. for 450 euro on my Suzuki Busa GSXR 1300. They also do just 3rd party (299 euro for mine), although no TPF&T. TopQuote also offer fully comp but only if you have other policies with them, not sure about 3rd party but would imagine they would be the same. Laiki will consider offering the same, providing you have other policies with them too.

Does anybody know of any other fully comp. insurers in Cyprus?

Sorry no image available

called Andy today and will see tomorrow if it turns out right. will keep you posted.
thanks for the info.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gazzaga - 9 years ago

see my previous post and call Andy

Sorry no image available
Posted by bigscotty - 9 years ago

I had a on-line quote from Gan Direct for my 1997 Yamaha TDM 850 fpr €244 third party.
However, when I went into their office to produce my documents, they declined to insure it. Reason they gave was that I was a brand new customer and didn't have any other policies with them. I have been riding for 4 years and have 6 years NCB. Slightly miffed! :(
So now I'm looking for a company that will insure large capacity bikes for a reasonable price. Anyone have any good recommendations?

Sorry no image available

€188.97 for 12 months. I have no claim discount and also other policies with the company

Sorry no image available

Thanks for replying so far. Maybe Gan Direct is not accepting because I am not a Cypriot or UK national?

Would it be a problem to tell me your current premium you're paying? If it is the same as I am paying, it would not be worth the hassle.

Sorry no image available

Call Andy on 25828292. He deals with Chartis insurance. I have all my cars and bike with them

Sorry no image available
Posted by bubblemaker;oP - 9 years ago

hi-odd, as ours is a 1000cc........and Gan Direct insured it. Have you tried going into their office? Otherwise, try Universal Life, they are reasonable....

Sorry no image available

Unfortunately Gan Direct won't insure bikes over 600 cc. So their quotation is not relevant anymore.
Currently I am insured with Demco, through Access Direct. As far as I know only Minerva would insure bikes with over 600cc engines.