DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Need a new key for my Renault Clio

Posted by htne - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

There is one just by the Poplife traffic lights = a very small narrow shop stuffed to the ceiling and a very helpful lady running it and there is also one on the right as you go to DIY home centre from the highway. This one is either just before the traffic lights where you turn left to get to the homecentre or you turn left at the lights and it's on the right hand side a bit further down that road. I can't remember exactly where i've noticed it. I always use the shop near Poplife though for keys etc. If she can't do it I'm pretty sure she will know who does!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by htne - 9 years ago

Hi Bill,

Appreciate your reply. Do you know of any spare part places in the Limassol area?

Helen

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 9 years ago

I lost one of my keys for my Mazda about a month ago ~ rather than be without a spare I asked at the Mazda dear for a replacement ~ the cost was €260, I didn't bother .

I've since been told by friends that a lot of the car parts shops that cut keys are able to duplicate the fob part too ~ so it's well worth trying a few car spares places to see if they can help you .

I was told the cost was around €80 which is a lot cheaper than dealers charges.

Bill

Sorry no image available
Posted by htne - 9 years ago

Thanks for your reply Andrew. I'm actually headed to a Renault Garage tomorrow as I'm currently visiting the UK. It will be interesting to see what they quote me! I've also seen transponder keys for sale on ebay so I will explore that option as well.

Thanks once again for your imput.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

Why not, out of curiosity, ring either renault in uk or a renault dealer in uk (get numbers off the web) and see what the 'standard' uk charge for a replacement key is. Then at least you will know if you are being quoted an excessive amount or not - and will at least have some 'ammunition' that you could use!! I suspect that the standard rate is however something extortionate even in the UK.