DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Need help!

Posted by clydegoogle - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by phelps - 8 years ago

Cost of shipping is about GB£500, registration and duty you will have to ask the customs by email on the above website. Give them date of 1st registration and a proposed import date together with odometer reading in Kilometers and I am sure they will be helpful. I doubt there is any "green" reduction.

Unless you are going to be travelling a awful lot from town to town on the highways your fuel economy will not be great, there are a lot of start/stops around towns. You might also check on the price of replacement electric motor batterycells here with a Toyota main agent as I think they may well be horrendous and probably not original equipment with little guarantees. I checked on Gan for insurance cover and fully comp clean was over €660. The car resale here would be very difficult as it woud not appeal to many buyers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by clydegoogle - 8 years ago

the car's toyota prius 2005 hybrid!how much could i spend(shipping,and cyprus registration)?
regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by phelps - 8 years ago

Here is the customs website which gives you all the info you need and a calculator to work out your duty.

Best to keep under 2000cc but try out a few models on this site. Don't forget registration for plates is 3/400 in addition.

http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/customs/customs.nsf/ced07_en/ced07_en?OpenDocument