DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

New tyres

Posted by Ysgol - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ysgol - 9 years ago

Well bring a woman didn't know they came in different sizes, so after a few recommendation's went to the chap (Niko next to Animal House) opposite carefourr and yes he was very good paid a fair price and now feel much safer driving about.

Thank you all so much for your help once again!!!!!

p.s selling the car in few months when we leave with four new tyres so keep your eyes open !! :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bizkit-665223 - 9 years ago

give us the size!

Sorry no image available

Out of curiosity I think I need two front tyres roughly how much should I be paying.

Sorry no image available

thank you all for your replys I shall go and have a look around tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bizkit-665223 - 9 years ago

Dragon wheel alignment is a thing that u make separately usually tire fitting comes with balancing only and if the car needs wheel alignment you make that also witch adds to the price and keep this in mind because they tend to say that u need but not this is just to make extra cash. About the brands i just have to say keep away from Pirelli made in Turkey (TURK MALI is writen on it) Also GoodYear nowdays comes from South Africa witch is a little bit better than china Firestone comes from Malaysia (not bad) Best are Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone and japan ones Yokohama, Toyo and Falken and cheaper NEXEN, KUMHO and HANKOOK other than these brands you should forget Ysgol. Dont forget cheaper is not better! (i work for 4 year`s now in tire shop here in limassol)

Sorry no image available
Posted by suentel - 9 years ago

It's a few shops along from Animal Mania pet shop and has Pirelli on the sign over the shop. Hope that helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dragon Warrior - 9 years ago

And most important, check the fabrication date on the tires. It is marked in an oval with four numbers. First two figures are for the week and the second two are for the year. 

For example, the marking 3210 stands for week 32 year 2010. Don't buy tires older than 2 years. Try to get all tires with the same or very close fabrication date. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dragon Warrior - 9 years ago

Listen, in order not to get ripped off, you have to do as follows: 

You go to the garage, ask the price for the exact dimension of your car together with balancing and wheel alignment. Make sure you get prices for brand names (Continental, Pirelli, Good Year, Micheline, Bridgestone, Firestone, Yokohama, Hankook, Verdstein, Firestone, Michelin, etc) and not some Chinese cheap rubber that will wear out and cook rapidly here in Cyprus. 

Ask in 2-3 places and chose the best. Don't be ashamed to ask. 

Sorry no image available

There are a few garages there do you know the name or what's next to garage.

Many thanks for your help

Sorry no image available
Posted by suentel - 9 years ago

Hi

My husband went to a good tyre fitter last week. He said he was a really genuine guy and tyres were a reasonable price. He is opposite Carrefore on the road into town from the Gemasogia roundabout.