DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Paphos Airport

Posted by tiny_rainbow57 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tiny_rainbow57 - 9 years ago

thanks for your reply.
Taxis are very expensive indeed, I have sometimes paid more taxi than air-ticket !
I think I'm going to land in Larnaca, although I particularly like Paphos area.
Best regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

I think you're going to be unlucky; for a short time there was a bus from PFO into Limassol, but it was discontinued a few months ago because not enough people used it. We used it just before it stopped running and we were the only 2 people on the entire bus; the driver told us he'd been driving an empty bus backwards & forwards for the previous 2 days and we were his only passengers that day. Getting that distance without your own transport is going to be quite a problem - taxis (especially from PFO) are extortionately expensive. The only suggestion I can make is that you get into Pafos (there is a bus that goes from the airport into town) and then pick up an intercity bus to Limassol. That only works if your plane arrives at a suitable time, as the intercity buses only run a couple of times a day - try looking up the ALEPA timetable for further info, as I haven't used the intercity bus for several years so I can't tell you the approximate times. In all honesty, to get to anywhere in the Limassol district you're better off flying into LCA. Sorry!

Graham