DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Points on licence

Posted by boogieboy1 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 9 years ago

Just to add, if anyone gets banned from driving, they take away your UK licence, and when the ban expires you need to apply for a Cypriot licence, then they can put points on it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 9 years ago

Ive also been told that they dont physically put the points on the licence itself, but may put them on their data base.
It would be better that you inform your insurance company of the points though, as it may be an issue if you need to claim for anything.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 9 years ago

I was talking to a Nicosia policeman a couple of days ago ( brother of one of my friends ) and he asked me if I was still using my UK licence or had I got a Cypriot licence .

When I said I was still using my UK licence and would continue to do so til it was due for renewal he replied " good ~ because we very rarely put points on UK licences ~ it's just to much hassle you will just get the fine and no points .

So boogieboy1 I'm surprised they have given you points .

Have they asked you to produce your licence ?

Seems strange that they have apparently taken your word for the fact that you actually have a licence as you were unable to produce it .

Bill

Sorry no image available
Posted by stevenhemming84 - 9 years ago

you cant get points on the licence.. trust me! lol.. just pay the fine and your good to go..

Sorry no image available
Posted by boogieboy1 - 9 years ago

Yes I am afraid so . 2 points.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackofspades - 9 years ago

well, i guess it is possible I suppose you did show some sort of identification, but most likely they won't go through with the process...what did you get it for, speeding ?