DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Road tax, insurance or MOT 1st?? Help reqiured

Posted by macmcdade - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rob1074 - 8 years ago

hello mate ive bought a few cars over from the uk and ive been doing a month to month insurance on them giving me time to get the cars mot and taxed re-registered etc to be honest the longest it has taken me is 2 weeks thats from picking the cars up at limassol port to finalising everything there is also a person that will do all this for you but they are larnaka based saved a lot of messing around on the last one i bought over cost about 150 euros but well worth it

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

Have you checked this specifically with the (proposed) insurers?? Does it make a difference if car is 'booked in' for the MOT? You can always have it transported or towed to the MOT station to avoid need for insurance possibly. Unless it is a very suspect vehicle I would have thought that any MOT repairs would be done very quickly - so you are not talking about a huge saving in not insuring it.

As a matter of curiosity - if it was not insured when it went for the MOT, and it passed, how would you propose to go FROM the MOT station to the DOT for the tax with it insured?? You would not then be driving TO an MOT - so technically insurance WOULD definitely be required for that journey!!!!!!!!! I'd just get it insured first - am sure it will save more hassle than may be caused by a possibly invalid insurance on the way to the MOT station for the test - or use a transporter - although that will end up the dearest option!!