DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Road Tax & MOT Discs Wind Shield Display

Posted by anilyency - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ferxan-691293 - 9 years ago

i have been caught by police i didnt have MOT but the road tax was paid insurance and licence was fine. he asked me MOT it was expired a month ago i didnt even knowhe let me go in october saying nothing. today i got a notice that i have to go to court on 19febwhats this? how much the fine would be?

Sorry no image available
Posted by VinnyC-673555 - 9 years ago

Hi Guys,
It may or may not be mandatory to display this information, but to tell you the truth the police know if your car is taxed, tested and insured, everything is held in a central computer system, when insurance is sold the policy number and vehicle details are entered and when you pay your road tax and test your car this information is updated on the computer. All police patrols now use hand-held computers and can tell you the legal state of the vehicle and owner faster than you can answer the questions,
Isn't progress wonderful?

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

As Kafenes said, according to the law you are required to display the Road Tax on the windscreen. You used to have to display the MOT as well, but that is no longer the case. You just have to have that with you.

Macmcdade - if you save the image to your desktop and resize it, then you can print it at the correct size for your windscreen.

Sorry no image available
Posted by macmcdade - 9 years ago

both times i have been stopped by the local police, neither time have i had my tax or mot displayed in the window and nothing was said about it not being there. Obviously they did ask to see them, but i suppose it depends who pulls you over.

The reason the tax wasnt on the windscreen was because i couldn't get it printed out the correct size and still haven't been able to get it right this year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kafenes - 9 years ago

It is mandatory to display the road tax only on your windscreen but must have the MOT document with you to produce upon request.