DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Selling A car in Cyprus on a UK reg plate

Posted by allyn-688850 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by aaron1 - 9 years ago

Hi how old is the car

Sorry no image available
Posted by kciseddoh - 9 years ago

Hi Allyn,

I also move over in August and have already received apporoval for my duty free.

You can your visitor permit extended for another 3 months provided you start the registartion process.This will buy you some more time. Also it saves you putting the car in a bondage.

Also if you are going to be away, ensure your car is parked on a private road or property.customs are not allowed o touch the vechicle if parked on private property.

Sorry no image available
Posted by allyn-688850 - 9 years ago

Hi the engine is a 1.8

Sorry no image available
Posted by aaron1 - 9 years ago

Hi seen your plight What size is the engine

Sorry no image available

Hi Baxi,

I will list the car it was just seeing if it was actually legal to sell it in Cyprus on a UK plate before I went ahead and did it. If in the mean time you would like details of the car drop me an e mail on allyncondon@hotmail.com

Thanks

Allyn

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 9 years ago

allyn , iam sure if you put the details of car on this site , i for one & perhaps others on this site may be interested in buying it ? .

Sorry no image available

hi thanks for your reply much appreciated. would you happen to know were i would b able to locate a list of dealers who may be interested as iam not in the country at the moment so its not so easy.

Thanks

Allyn

Sorry no image available
Posted by redrizla - 9 years ago

hi allyn im not a 100 % sure if you can sell with uk plates but i have seen many cars for sale with uk plates so i would presume you could sell it in cyprus as long as the purchaser was aware that they would have to pay to register it in cyprus if you are desperate to sell ask a dealer if you can sell it you could ship it back to uk but cost involved and what its worth here as opposed to what its worth in uk might make it worth trying to sell in cyprusgood luck