DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Speed Limit

Posted by thedon29 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by seskas - 8 years ago

119 they wont radar you 120 they will

Sorry no image available
Posted by loadsatime-678473 - 8 years ago

PLEASE READ COMMENTS CORRECTLY I SAID YOU "COULD" BE FINED, 100KMS IS THE LIMIT.... IF YOU CAME BEFORE ME I WOULD FINE YOU.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bizkit-665223 - 8 years ago

Did somebody tought about real speed? i mean the speed what you see on the speedo is not your real speed! from 10 cars i bet 9 will give speeds + 5 to 15 km difference to the real speed. So there are 2 things to keep in mind your real speed is what you measure with GPS and the policeman`s gun is based on radio frequency and its accurate. So if you are doing 120km/h on the highway in reality you are doing just 110 or even less if u have changed to bigger wheels. The Police should stop that ridiculously stupid motorcyclists who are doing over 100 MPH not km/l i think.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 8 years ago

Sorry its 3% not 10%.
Just remembered

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 8 years ago

I agree with achilleas, i was nicked a couple of years ago for doing 124K on the highway and the copper said if I had been below 120, they wouldn't have bothered.

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

Once again, and coming from a policeman. You will not be stopped on the highway for speeding if you are doing 101 to 119 kph. For 120 kph and more, then you will be stopped.

In town, keep to the displayed speed limit.

Sorry no image available

get real every one 100 means 100 if says 100 it means 100 that's the limit that's the law .you can be fined for exceeding this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

They didn't allow 10% over the limit for a workmate of mine in the UK. He received a ticket for doing 42mph in a 40mph zone and this was at 4:30 in the morning on a road with no fixed speed cameras. So there was a policeman (or woman) with a handheld speed gun on a quiet B-road at that time in the morning with nothing better to do. He challenged the ticket, on several counts, and won after the police admitted that the speed gun had not been calibrated properly at the start of the shift.

That said stick to the limits.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 8 years ago

A similar thing is done in the UK, they allow 10% over the limit as not all speedos give exact/true readings, sometimes you can accidentally go over without realising it immediately.

Sorry no image available

LETS BE CORRECT 50 K.P.H.FOR CONVERSION [31M.P.H] 100KPH[62.5M.P.H]
LEASE ARE THE LIMITS[ I.E. THE LAW AS LAID BY CY. GOVERNMENT ].
THEREFOR ANYTHING ABOVE THESE OR OTHER LIMITS YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW AND COULD BE FINED...
MOTORWAYS HERE HAVE A MINIMUM LIMIT SLOWER THAN THIS YOU YOU COULD BE FINED....