DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Taxis

Posted by mariepage-673266 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 8 years ago

I would say its 45 mins to Paphos from Polis, then another 15 mins to the airport.
So 60 euros sounds a good deal when you consider they try and do charge 35 euros to Paphos from the airport.

Sorry no image available
Posted by seangorman - 8 years ago

Answer airport taxis are notorious for over charging so find a local driver in Polis who will pick you up from Paphos and return you there a lot cheaper.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

You make it sound a local journey!! The official Polis website says it is 45 minutes from Pafos airport. What is the distance?? I always reckon on about a euro per kilometer for taxis around Limassol. Can the pafos airport taxi pick up in Polis for the return journey - is he even allowed to - or does he have to come back empty?? All these could be contributory factors and need to be considered. Also - the taxi driver is in business - he has to make a profit - so obviously the cost will be considerably more than the running costs of the cab.

Out of curiosity just how much do you think the fare should be - if it occupies 1.5 hours of the driver's time to go to Polis and back to the airport?? UK taxis run at about £1 per mile I think which is about €.71 per kilometer I think

Sorry no image available
Posted by emba - 8 years ago

welcome to cyprus, on a more serious note i think it has to do with some hefty, very hefty license fee they pay to be able to have the privilege to fleece people, don't worry slowly but surely pubic transport will improve, until then try to avoid them or use minibus services....