Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Trailer in Cyprus

Posted by Graham S - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by etosha - 4 years ago

Good Day,


I have just read details on registration of trailers. I have a trailer which is below 750kgs and I need to register it in Cyprus. I note that you mention that you work for registered RTA Mechanical Engineer, Could you indicate a qualified person in Larnaca. Does the RTA Mechanical Engineer's report substitute for the EU Certificateof Compliance?


Kind regards etosha

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 8 years ago

Thanks for that info - guess it will be going up for sale in UK then.....



Sorry no image available
Posted by bluenose-660768 - 8 years ago

You need to have a report prepared by a registered RTA Mechanical Engineer, (Not an MOT centre or the SVA center), which will contain a dimesioned sketch, photographs and other details of the trailer.

Once you have the engineers report you can then use this to register the trialer with the authorities and obtain your "CT" number.

I know this because I prepare these drawings for the RTA Engineer I work for.

If you would like more info please PM me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pav - 8 years ago

when you say have a motor engineer check it out do you mean a mechanic/mot testing station or something like the sva centre in larnaca.
would/can they do the check at the registration/mot depot in larnaca.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bluenose-660768 - 8 years ago

Yes you must register any trailer, whether it's for personal or commercial use.

You will need to have a motor engineer to check it over, if it's ok you will recieve a report which will then allow you to register the trailer.