DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Travel to Nicosia

Posted by classiccar-665879 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi again Classiccar,

OK so moving is a no-no. Get in touch with a few car hire companies, as you know there's loads in Paphos, and get them to give you a quote for hiring a car for, say, 6 months and hammer down the price. Just doing some quick maths start off getting a small Kia for €4 or €5 a day and see what they say!

Also do this sooner rather than later. We're in the low season at the moment so prices are also low if you can seal a deal now it would take you towards the end of August, so missing most of the high season charges. If I was in the car hire business I would be happy to know I had a long term booking as judging by reports from various tour operators take up for 2010 holidays here is likely to be down again (is that for the 5th year running?)

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by classiccar-665879 - 8 years ago

OK thank you for your helpfull replies.

Moving to Nicosia is not so easy.

Sorry no image available

Oh forgot to mention...

Start a new thread on this and other forums with a different title - 'Can we car share Paphos to Nicosia?' - or something like that. You may get some more specific replies.

Johnners

Sorry no image available

Hi Classiccar,

I agree with Virtualm, do a deal with a local car hire company (not one of the multi nationals) you should be able to get the price down for a long term hire. Make sure you get the most fuel efficient car they have in their hire fleet too. The other benefit with this is you don't have the servicing costs to contend with as you clock up the miles.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by virtualm - 8 years ago

Car hire - cheap at the moment, I know a neighbour that just rented a small kia for 50 euros for 1 week, so say 50 x 4 weeks = 200 euros per month for the car, and then add in around another 200 euros a month for fuel. But you might get a better deal if it's only 3-4 days per week.

I guess it depends what your salary is, otherwise move to Nicosia I'm afraid.

Sorry no image available
Posted by classiccar-665879 - 8 years ago

Not such luck

Do you travel to Nicosia also?

regards

Yiorgos

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheeky73 - 8 years ago

Hi,

Im guessing the company you are talking about is the Travel Express. Its the only company I know. 40 euros a day to Nicosia sounds about right! This is Cyprus!

Isnt there anybody you know of, who also works those areas, who could maybe take you there, obviously you go fifty on the petrol costs. That would prob be easier for you.

Im sure someone on this site can help you out!

Take care

Irene