DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Tyres

Posted by sandra46-681487 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by car&stef - 9 years ago

if you are prepared to drive to peyia there is a little tyre place directly facing new post office as you drive through peyia . i got my front tyre replaced after a blow out my car is peugeot 206 30 euros. also punctures repaired4euros. worth the drive really helpful,nice people and not rip off. carolyn.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lawrence38-682147 - 9 years ago

10/09 stamped on tires that's not too old is it...Why can't you just accept that I got a good deal :P :P

Ya, tires4you...gosh, I went there to ask for prices, etc, they did have some cheaper options..but they were "Ling-Long"...how can you go down the street with something called "Ling-Long"...Seriously those tires looked very fishy and their good tires which at least they were trying to point me towards (like Michelin Energy) were over 140/pair installed ( for the small 175/R13)

I find it highly disturbing that when you go to these places, ask for the prices, see their cheaper ones but they all tell you...no, don't buy these, bad quality...etc.. WHY the heck do you sell these if you KNOW it's no good. One guy in one small shop near New Port even told me he had customers whose tires of a particular brand, can't remember, exploded... !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dragon Warrior - 9 years ago

Watch out for the year of manufacture as well. You don't want to buy "new tires" 3-4 years old. I mean cooked in a warehouse. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by lawrence38-682147 - 9 years ago

I also paid about 80, actually 76, 2 tyres All-Season's 175/70/R13, the with changed valves, not made in China, made in South-Africa, Dunlop's, was on special offer...

So it is possible to get that, if you know where to look you can find bargains...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dragon Warrior - 9 years ago

Just replaced my tires today. 

4 Pcs Continental Eco Contact 3 - Size 185/65/R15 - 300 Euro installed, balanced and front wheel geometry. Valves not changed. 

In my opinion it is irrelevant to say "I paid 80 euro for two tires". If they are made in China they can cost even less. But do you want something like that on your car? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandra46-681487 - 9 years ago

just to thank everyone for their input. we went to the tyre place next to spirou supermarket, 2 for 80 €uros, balanced and valves etc 175x70 R13

Sandra

Sorry no image available
Posted by lara123-689988 - 9 years ago

Thank you very much Devonite for the advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Devonite-692897 - 9 years ago

if you need one just for spare try asking at a tyre station for a used on that's still in good condition. It's not really worth it to buy a new one since its never recommended to use tyres in odd numbers...( as in, if you wanna buy new ones, you won't be able to let's say buy 3 and use the old one unless you find the exact model but still, one will be older than others..)

Also, try finding one of those very slim, temporary spare type, take much less space in boot...Some places sell those also...used I suppose

Sorry no image available
Posted by lara123-689988 - 9 years ago

Hi there,
Does anyone know where can I find a good and cheap one in Larnaca for my Nissan I need only one tyre as a spare.
Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by jemima-685784 - 9 years ago

tyre shop just below spirou discount store.got 4 yokohama tyres fitted to a clio for 150 euros on a buy 4 pay for 3 deal.they have cheaper tyres but yokos are a good make.sorry discount store in old town paphos