DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

U.K car hire companies!

Posted by ben1-682051 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hello Ben,

Try Europcar, they also trade under Alamo and National. I personally use them when in the UK, and so does the company I do a lot of work for.

www.europcar.co.uk - www.alamo.co.uk - www.nationalcar.co.uk

One important point if you are paying by debit card most hire companies will 'block out' a deposit over and above your hire fee. Europcar's fee is £250 this is credited back to you when you return the car.

Look out for offers and promotional codes too. You can get up to 20% off your hire costs. If you have someone in the UK near to a rental depot ask them to go in and look at the leaflets on display many will have offers printed on them with a reference number you can then enter when booking online. I rent cars for work all over Europe and the promo codes have saved me a huge amount.

One final thing the three websites above operate independently of each other. Visit each one and fill in your required dates and you'll see the prices aren't always the same!

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by BarneyRubble-676353 - 8 years ago

We use Easycar and although they do say you need a credit card on their website, we only have a debit card and they have been happy with that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by christabel-698618 - 8 years ago

i am happy with enterprise.