DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

UK to Cyprus by road or Cyprus to UK

Posted by Cyp08 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 19)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JJMally-687816 - 8 years ago

Nobody is reading my answers.

We don`t want to ride to Cyprus from the UK.
We want to ride to the UK from Cyprus (Back to the UK>)

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

You cannot enter Cyprus through the north. When you go to register your car you will need to produce all the necessary paperwork that you brought the car in through one of the legal ports of entry.

If you do not have this then your car will be confiscated when you go to register after 6 months.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hopenot - 8 years ago

there is only one way from cyprus to uk and that is via turkey and trust me you wont like it all they do over there is rob you

Sorry no image available
Posted by hopenot - 8 years ago

i did this trip last last year uk normandy austria germany yugoslavia bulgeria turkey ferry to north cyprus then cross to south

this is the only route now with your car it is a nightmare through turkey if you are staying in cyprus they will make you take the car out again to greece as they do not except coming from the north the way i did it one year from uk drive down to italy ferry to greece put car on ferry to cyprus then fly from at athens to cyprus collect car from docks in cyprus this they except i hope this helps plan your trip very carefull

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 8 years ago

Achilleas is right, I got a route from the AA in 1975, and it was perfect, but probably not much use now as there are more countries to drive through!

Sorry no image available

There are a few ways you can come over - if you contact the AA then they will be able to guide you as to which is the best route to take. Then you can contact the necessary companies for costs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rogernorway - 8 years ago

What interests me is where did you catch the ferry from and to and what did it cost?

Sorry no image available

If you contact the AA in the UK, then they will give you a very detailed turn-by-turn set of directions for anywhere in Europe to anywhere else.

When I came to Cyprus I drove and their instructions were perfect.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cyp08 - 8 years ago

E-mail me on felicity843@btinternet.com with any details.