DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

BBC & ITV programmes through a PC

Posted by LB-667513 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pkmember - 8 years ago

Watch TV Abroad I've lived in France and accessed UK and USA TV Online using a secure and safe private proxy. This pretends you are in your home country when you are abroad. You get to watch BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, Channel 4OD and Sky player outside the UK or Hulu and Abc outside United States. If you want to see a demo, watch the second half of this video Watch TV Abroad.
You get a 7 day free trial to see how good it is in your area.

Sorry no image available
Posted by belinda-675574 - 9 years ago

Mine only costs 50cents per week and was set up by bill and his no is 99114617. He explains everything and is excellent.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Matts360 - 9 years ago

Few - Filmon TV is back this morning, as normal. Must have been a weekend glitch that the techies have now fixed being Monday morning, thanks guys!
Ah... breakfast TV.
Tarrah
Matt

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

With regard to tvcatchup.com being unavailable I don't have a definitive answer but my guess would be something along the lines that, having had a quick look at their forum and the tone of some responses from tvcatchup.com, since they appear to be currently free they will change their stance at some stage in the future and be a subscriber service. In the meantime they have identified VPN providers and their IP addresses - in the same way as sites do with proxies - and quite simply banned VPN subscribers from accessing tvcatchup so that they can have a subscriber business model come 19th december. Not sure what happens on or before 19th december - but their site implies changes are afoot - and they will be after as large a subscriber base as they can get!! I may be wrong - but quite simply I think they have just banned known VPNs along with probably known proxies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

Yes, I found that filmon suddenly decided to say that all channels were scrambled for some reason, although when I tried again later in the evening I managed to watch channel 4 OK.. Am not sure at all what happened earlier on in the day!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 9 years ago

VLC/British TV.exe ?? Whats this link VLC is a media player bearshare is a p2p

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

VLC/British TV.exe

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 9 years ago

www.filmon.com works with mac its free and easy to use, all depends on traffic how good it is as with them all

Sorry no image available
Posted by dellaandtracy-690787 - 9 years ago

Have only used with Windows and have been using for past couple of months without any problems - some times there is a little buffering at the beginning of programmes but nothing that prevents us watching both live and recorded programmes. You can try downloading programmes to your hard drive if buffering is a problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Matts360 - 9 years ago

Looks good to me, but windows only. Any idea of who is best for Mac version??
Many thanks

Matt, Paramali