DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Broken XBox 360

Posted by justrehab-670621 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cymike - 9 years ago

Guys

Here is my experience with xbox 360.

i brought my xbow from UK back in 2007, then in 2009 i brought it here to cyprus, then i received the majoy 3 red lights problem.

i called xbox on 00 44 8005871102 and gave them my serial number, they then sent me out a currier who sent it to repair center in germany.

2 weeks later i had my xbox back all repaired and back up and running.

the whole think cost me 0, and xbox customer service was great.

the 3 red lights is a hardware problem which xbox know about so they fix it for free.

hope this helps

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by Digger B-685177 - 9 years ago

If it's out of warranty they will still fix it for about £50. Not if you've taken it apart yourself though...

Sorry no image available
Posted by EleniLimassol - 9 years ago

We bought ours second hand, they didn't ask questions

Sorry no image available
Posted by cymike - 9 years ago

call xbox they will fix it for free for you. email me for more details.

Sorry no image available
Posted by justrehab-670621 - 9 years ago

Gosh, thats what you call service. I bet it was less than 1 year old though. Afraid I bought ours off Ebay 2nd hand. It worked fine until we moved house last month.

I will certainly give them a try though. I have friends in Bracknell so I might just send it to them! Many thanks for the help though

Sorry no image available
Posted by andreasth - 9 years ago

microsoft gives one year guranty for all xbox if you have purchased it more than a year better buy a new one

Sorry no image available
Posted by EleniLimassol - 9 years ago

This happened to my sons xbox last year, phone Microsoft in Bracknell Berkshire England, (dont bother ringing all the numbers for Cyprus as you will passed all around Europe at your expense). Explain the problem, they sent us a box via a courier company who then collected the xbox a few days later. Some models there is a problem, anyway they sent us a new xbox plus xbox live,within the week via a courier company. At no expense to us. I cannot guarantee you will get the same treatment but it is worth a try.

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that. Sorry was initially a bit slow on the uptake. The term is, I believe "Red Ring of Death". I did a google search and came up with the relevant info. I have also purchased a repair kit on Ebay for less than £5.00. Seeing I cant get anyone to fix it here there is no harm in trying.

Thanks again

Lynne

Sorry no image available

So sorry, but I dont know what you mean? Can you clarify?

Sorry no image available
Posted by andreasth - 9 years ago

red dream of death