DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Got a new sky free to view card...what now?

Posted by T and P-669409 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 8 years ago

The Freesat card gets you Five,Fiver,Five USA,Sky Three (and a strong ITV and CH4/CH4+1)

BBC 1,2,3,4,ITV, CH4,itv4+1 and itv2+1 are free to air if your dish is big enough.

To get the rest you will need a subscription card and pay Sky monthly.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sianhennessy - 8 years ago

With the card do you get all the regular Sky channels that are available in the UK? We currently have a sky box, but no card, and only receive very few channels. No E4, ITV2, Channel 4 +1 etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by BarneyRubble-676353 - 8 years ago

Just activated our new free to view sky card and it only took two minutes on the phone to the UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by T and P-669409 - 9 years ago

Thank you so much for your prompt replies. I really do appreciate it (as him indoors is complaining (constantly) about the pop up telling us we need to insert our new card)

Toodle pip to all

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

To T and P

Just put the card into your digibox and ring the Freesat number from your mobile phone and quote the card number and UK address and they will ask you to press a couple of buttons on your sky remote to bring up the details of your digibox on screen. Then they will send a signal to the card so it can activate.

Simples

Sorry no image available
Posted by CT-689244 - 9 years ago

Hi we have just done ours while on hol in Cyprus, we called from Cyprus and they talked us through it, I would imagine anyone could call, they will need yr address etc, good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

you could talk to your friend at the same time on a seperate phone or through skype. I assume friend is in uk and the box is out here