DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

internet tv.

Posted by astro7041 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

How are you connecting to the tv now?? You dont have HDMI you said. You dont use VGA - cos u need to buy a cable (easy to get by the way - and as good as anything if yr tv has a VGA input socket - does it have one??). If you are using a yellow s-video output socket then you will probably find that the laptop video driver (NVIDIA especially) has a facility to change the s-video output size. If the tv will take a vga input that is the better way. What connection are u using at the moment? email me (andrew.s.r.milner@gmail.com) and give me your phone number if you want to talk this over away from the forum.

Sorry no image available
Posted by astro7041 - 8 years ago

I click on the right hand side like you said and I get full screen with them all but i guess i have to find out if I can get a vga cable that will connect with my tv.

Sorry no image available

i dont have an hdmi connector so am pretty sure u dont need a new laptop just for the tv!! Does the tv fill the whole laptop screen when you are watching on the laptop?? which channel are you watching that gives a small image, using which site to view through?? What are BBC live, BBC iplayer and ITV catchup like - do none of them fill the laptop screen - ever??

Sorry no image available

thanks for that honey and if i cant do it with andrews help, i may resort to that

Sorry no image available

hi andrew, I subscribed to proxz web services for an ip address and just got it but it looks like I'll have to buy another computer with an hmdi connector. I am in larnaca.

Sorry no image available

How are you watching the internet TV - What software or site are you using to view??

Where are you located?

Andrew

Sorry no image available
Posted by sweethoneybums - 8 years ago

Hiya

This chap knows all about internet TV http://www.itsolutionscyprus.com

He may be able to help :)

Sorry no image available

Hi Andrew,
Many thanks for your input. I have a dell inspiron 1740 and apparently it does have a vga socket but not an hm thingy. At the moment I am streaming through the computer and viewing full screen. The picture is really good but I didn't alter the pixels or anything. Does this help you to help me ? Also, could you tell me how to put the channel list on my desktop please.

Sorry no image available

What kind of connection are you using into the TV - an HDMI connection or VGA or some other kind? HDMI connections are small and flat like USB - VGA is like a monitor connection. Have you set the laptop up with the correct screen details, and are you using the TV as the only monitor or do you have the laptop in dual screen mode? What operating system are you using?

I use the TV screen as though it is a monitor on my laptop, using the VGA output socket on the laptop and going to a VGA connection on the TV. I then use Lamnia as a VPN an watch directly from the appropriate websites that are streaming the TV over the internet. Occasionally ITV catchup seems to have a 'glitch' and delivers wrongly sized picture for some unknown reason - but usually BBC iplayer is always the correct size image - and i then switch to full screen mode and watch at leisure.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 8 years ago

no that wasn;t me but it.s quite straightforward especially if you have your tv manual to hand as you may have to alter the definition.good luck