DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

missing english tv

Posted by grahamreil - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by VinnyC-673555 - 7 years ago

Hi,

I have used www.iportal.me for the last 4 years, it costs €50 (less than a € a week) and the service has been great. (Need a PayPal account)

I changed my computer to a 64bit system which did not recognise iportal, I sent an email to customer services and within ten minutes I was watching TV on my new computer.

I use a 5mtr HDMI lead to send the picture from my laptop to my TV, the quality is great and I have full use of all UK channels and most on catchup are there for 30days or more so I can watch what I want when I want without having a recording box under my TV

Works great for me.

PS, I also take my laptop on holiday with me and as long as you find internet connection you can watch live UK TV, see their faces in Bangkok when your watching UK TV, its great.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 7 years ago

My Lamnia VPN connection still works fine and am often able to stream to two different TVs at the same time .... we've a 4MB connection from CYTA and this is OK for 95% of the time via Lamnia.- and watching BBc and ITV. I admit that getting Channel 4 and 5 takes a bit more working at though. As for the radio, I now use a Roberts wifi radio and delight in listening to radio4 again all the time - though of course all computers can get the radio channels without the need for VPN etc.. If anyone is having problems or doubts then give Lamnia a try for a month and see how it works for you......http://www.lamnia.co.uk?xyz=8

Sorry no image available
Posted by gvctv - 7 years ago

Apologies if this is a bit out of date ...

FilmOn is no longer a free option and neither will anything be of any decent quality as bandwidth costs money... You get what you pay for!

as an alternative, try the new virtual cable sytem of eltel.tv. This gives a seven day free trial of 26 odd UK channels plus 17 radio stations and direct connectivity to the big four catch up services - bbc iplayer etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nickmarks70 - 8 years ago

yes m8 i am u get all sky channels sports movies all terestrial comes with card sky plus box

Sorry no image available
Posted by kukoo - 8 years ago

hi
is this guy in paphos?
and what channels do you get?
thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by nickmarks70 - 8 years ago

hi mate i have a 2.7 metre dish n sky plus box n card for sale at 1000 euros thanks nick

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 8 years ago

Film on is free unless you want to pay for the premium chanels for sure.

Sorry no image available
Posted by debby-695657 - 8 years ago

hi im signed up with primetel for the internet and i think its 4mb is this sufficient for what you have , ive heard its just a lead to the telly to the lap top but heard it can be a hassle,not sure what they meant?

Sorry no image available
Posted by cabbagepatch-696070 - 8 years ago

Filmon is not free....we pay 9.90 Euros per month for the basic package but wouldn't say it's agood solution...very unreliable

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 8 years ago

Filmon is free , all Iplayer etc should be free soon as broadcasting was lifted thoughout europe on the 19 of december.

look on tvcatchup for updates seems uk government dragging the heels giving the go ahead, no need for vpn or onspeed then