DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

satalite problem any sugestions

Posted by debby-695657 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

Sky(freesat) sell cards for £20. You can purchase one from www.sky.com/freesat or you can call them. On your digibox press services then select "telephone numbers" then scroll down to freesat(sky). If you call from a mobile phone they cannot trace you. Pretend you are in UK and give them an address in UK where the card will be sent to.Just say you have a spare sky box in the kids room and you need a card for the free channels.You will have to pay by credit card. Have the card sent to Cyprus and when you put it in your digibox you will have to call them again to activate the card.

It is that easy but a few people have messed up and eneded with useless cards.You can buy from a third party but could cost up to 85€ but at least they will be activated. Some people have bought from the internet and also ended up with useless cards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by thedon29 - 9 years ago

Hi Simonskyman, sory, message is not available. How much is the card? Can we buy it in Cyprus? Regards...

Sorry no image available

Er,which message ? No signal OR not available. "not available" on FIVE/FIVER/FIVE USA /Sky three means your card has expired and you need to buy a new FREESAT card from sky.

No signal could be your dish needs aligning,or your LNB needs replacing or a couple of other things which your skyman can fix.

Sorry no image available

Hi Simonakyman, yes, getting those messages up. Not only me, but my sister who lives 5 minutes away from me? We are in Paphos. Any idea??

Sorry no image available

Well,I'm not very tall but I have a nice stepladder and a good sense of balance :-) Seriously though ,it is risky checking it yourself as you could make the problem worse if the LNB is moved or connections broken(by losing signal to all apartments).When you say the problem is solved when your neighbour switches off their tv ,do you mean they power off the digibox from the wall socket ,or just simply switching off the tv?

Ps @ thedon. My sky three is working fine right now, are you getting the message "no signal "or "not available" ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by debby-695657 - 9 years ago

hi satalite man my son went up on to the roof but as his to short he cant reach the lnb .i did ring a satalite man but he didnt seem sure about what it could be,obviously he wonts to charge for the call out fee,and then what ever the problem costs to rectify.Is this an easy thing to do,would i have to buy parts, could it be done by a taller person ie my dad for instance,or if not do you have any idea of what kind of cost that should be chargedcheers Debbie

Sorry no image available

Hi, talking about Sky dishes, anyone else lost Sky3(Channel no 108)??

Sorry no image available

Hi,it sounds like the LNB (the gadget on the dish where the cables go in) has become faulty. It has 4 outputs and maybe 2 of them have shorted,maybe after a storm. You could go to the dish and disconnect all outputs and connect them back one by one to find out which one or two are causing the problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aqua-676956 - 9 years ago

have you tried re-tuning the digibox sometimes this helps