DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

sky tv no 4.2 dish needed uk tv with no dish

Posted by rcetrading - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by roedfo - 7 years ago

Anybody else with positive feedback regarding EASYVISION?

Thinking about to invite them for a demo:)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 7 years ago

I see you say HD ready - are prices the same when HD is available?? What is the advantage of this box over using a PC and VPN to obtain the streams directly - as was discussed on this thread regarding what I assume to be a different box but similar idea. At 349 for the box and 24 per month one could easily get a dedicated PC and pay for the VPN for less outgoings - so where is the advantage?? These boxes leave me somewhat bemused as to why one should ever get one!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gordo-710787 - 7 years ago

Easyvision, 349 Euros for the the box and 24 Euros a month subscription for an HD ready iptv system the first of its kind in Cyprus,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gordo-710787 - 7 years ago

www.easyvisiontv.com will give you all the answers...

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

Aha - I may just have found what the original posting was referring to!! It does indeed seem as though using the DESKTOP i-player that i-player starts off with HD and then reduces the quality until it ends up with the out of synch type of issue. However I have never had this phenomenon when using i-player online through my brouser and streaming directly over the internet. Can still go full screen and so on. I did feel there may have been an issue with the desktop version and viewing live that way.

Sorry no image available

Never one to give up easily - Iplayer is back working again via my VPN. Still do not know what/why/when, but installing IE9 beta has resolved the problem - whatever the problem was/is. So all my previous posting was like a bit of a red herring to the thread - apologies to all. I do not appear to have an appreciable loss of synchronisation. When downloading I always make sure I do not try and get a HD version as I agree the netbook struggles with HD, and there is not a lot one can do aboiut it. Normal usage is however not a problem.

Sorry no image available

Following Anita's posting I went and tried my netbook (not laptop - even less facilities!!) - and came up with the following "discovery". Although I can watch BBC live streaming my iplayer on the netbook no longer seems to function as it used to do - neither for TV nor for radio. It must be an installation issue, but so far I have failed to resolve it. ITV player and live are not a problem. Strangely the iplayer screen on the netbook is not the same as on the PC I usually use for the purpose. Not at all sure what the problem is, have tried uninstalling Flash, shockwave, adobe air and reinstalling but no joy. I once had the same iplayer screen as on the tv pc - but then it quickly changed. Strange behaviour that is ONLY associated with iplayer. As I said, I can still watch BBC live ok and ITV is fine too. Most odd. I just do not know when the netbook stopped working with iplayer as I do not use it that often - but I do think it has been working more recently than July!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by FISHIES - 8 years ago

Doesn't make much difference I know but it only cost 50euros to set up not the 100 plus quoted in these posts. i think it depends where your modem is!

Sorry no image available
Posted by ANITA-665666 - 8 years ago

This is just a word of caution for anyone thinking of buying a laptop to watch TV through the internet. I have been watching UK TV via the internet for the last 18 months. I bought an Acer Aspire One notebook with Windows XP especially for this purpose. For the first 12 months everything was fine and the picture on the TV was perfect. However, in June this year, when I tried to watch the programmes on Full Screen on the TV, the picture and words became out of sync. I called back the guy who set up the system for me and he advised that as ITV & BBC had recently changed to full HD, the graphics card in my notebook was no longer powerful enough. I therefore had to acquire another laptop with a more powerful graphics card as you can't upgrade the graphics card in a notebook.

Is anyone else aware of this issue?

Sorry no image available
Posted by belinda-675574 - 8 years ago

I have been following this threa with interest. I simply cannot understand how 299 euro can be justified when they are so cheap elsewhere, sorry guys but Andrew and Craftyone are both right. Thhis last post seems to clarify what craftyone says.

They (the suppliers) state 58 channels but there are only 26 -false info, you are not getting what you are paying for.

BBC news channel is defo working as I am watching it now.

As an earlier post said, this is a definite rip off and the only ones to gain anything are the suppliers of this equipment. We use the same system as Andrew and at 75 euros to set up and an ANNUAL FEE of around 25 euro we are more than happy and will not be using one of the "rip off boxes" as we now call them .

I have just done some sums and the result is interesting.

Rip off box. 299, set up 109, annual fee 240 = 648 euro, this is without the cost of an upgrade on cyta broadband.

Through the computer:400 for a mini laptop, 75 set up 25 annual fee = 500 euro. This is assuming you will need to but a mini laptop to start off if you don't already own a computer. Even with this cost it is still 148 euro cheaper. Come on guys, think about it.!!