DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sounds a good night out in Paphos

Posted by doddsyp - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jasper-665433 - 9 years ago

WOW, just seen pics of the venue on the Paphos People forum and the Velvet Hall looks amazing. I didn't know it was like that inside, better get the posh togs out!! Looking forward to this now.

J

Sorry no image available
Posted by neil123-668052 - 9 years ago

I think that this is going to be A CRACKER

ITS THE WAY I TELL EM

Sorry no image available
Posted by doddsyp - 9 years ago

Its going to be a great reason to see all of our Paphos friends.Is anyone coming from Limassol?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jasper-665433 - 9 years ago

Me and my OH have reserved tickets through the Paphos People forum for this one too, should be a good night and seems excellent value. i've never seen Frank Carson so really looking forward to it after the comments off the last poster and my OH has heard a demo also of Neil James and told me he is very good. It's good to see the well known names popping up in Cyprus, maybe this will be the start of something fairly regular.

J

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

I worked with Frank Carson on many occassions around the UK. When you see him on stage the way he works the audience and his delivery is something that you never really experienced when he was on TV.

Once he did a run of 7 nights at "Jolleys" in Longton, Staffordshire and 50% of his act was new material every night. The audience didn't know this but it was great for us who were working on the tour because it kept things fresh and somewhat unpredictable.

Sadly I'm off the island when Frank is appearing here but I would recommend his stand-up show and unless he's changed his performing style the air won't be blue with swear words either.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by jeancraft - 9 years ago

Hi Paul

Yes, I'm going as well - my ticket is booked already. I've never seen Frank Carson, although I do remember him from off the telly. I've heard a demo disc of the singer, Neil James, as well, and he is very Michael Buble-ish, sounded really good.

I'm looking forward to it, should be an excellent night. If you want tickets, call 26 930 802 or 99 850 971 - IT'S A CRACKER!

Sorry no image available
Posted by doddsyp - 9 years ago

Its the way he tells em.

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 9 years ago

Isn't Frank Carson about 145 now? He was funny when I used to watch him.