DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

TV CatchUp blocked

Posted by kciseddoh - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by landy813 - 8 years ago

+1 for Andrew Lamina works fine here too with Zatto and alike

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

I do not know about tvcatchup itself, but Lamnia is working fine for watching BBC streaming live from the iplayer website, and using iplayer to catch up on previously shown programs; watching ITV live via the ITV website and watching previously shown probrams via the catchup website; watching previously shown Channel 4 programs via 4od and channel 4 live via Zattoo; watching previously shown channel 5 via Demand 5 and channel 5 live. I never use other than the main sites and use favourites to select which station i want to watch - what's the point in going through another provider when the channels provide their own feeds directly.

Sorry no image available
Posted by edwin1234 - 8 years ago

can someone confirm that this lamnia still works with tvcatchup now

thanks a lot

Sorry no image available
Posted by swake - 8 years ago

Hey johnners, you seem to be an expert in this could you help me out and tell me how to use a proxy please to view TVCatchup?

Thank you so much :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi Paul,

The website name TV Catchup is a little misleading as the majority of what it offers is live streaming of UK TV channels and the plus 1 hour services. It isn't quite the same as 4OD, or the BBC iPlayers catchup service.

For those using tvcatchup they are promising HD streaming very soon. Whether our connection speeds here in Cyprus will be good enough we will have to wait and see, or not as the case may be!

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by pav - 8 years ago

losing catch up for me is not really any big deal, when i left the uk there were 5 channels and catch up is what me and the wife did monday and tuesday cos we were to razzed fri/sat/sun.

you can always watch it when its on.

paul..

Sorry no image available
Posted by landy813 - 8 years ago

Thank you for recommending Lamina absolute quality

Nice one

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 8 years ago

I have the same problem with tv catchup using i-portal but they are working on it, bbc is no problem nor is itv player. film on is probably your best bet for live streaming

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

Just checked again at 2029, and BBC i-player, itv catch-up, 4OD and demand 5 are all working OK through my Lamnia VPN connection.

Other services may well be blocking VPN's and proxies, but the main channels are OK through either catch-up or stream directly from the websites (apart from C4). Proxies are very often blocked I found in the past before I discovered Lamnia at http://www.lamnia.co.uk?xyz=8

Andrew

Sorry no image available
Posted by Limassol T - 9 years ago

i guess we are back to filmon then! I have to say that I am impressed with the new version, although they seem to let you watch less now without the subscription!