DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

TV Programmes via satallite

Posted by Toni-680775 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply. We have at last had the satellite dish moved to where we wanted it in the first place and reception is much better. Once we get a road and a land line we will be able to get CYTA broadband so hopefully this is just a temporary measure ( for a year or so!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by furio - 9 years ago

Hi there i do some work for city cell and we install radio internet and have many stations in the troodos mountains,

if you email me and give me your exact location i can see if we can get you set up with a connection its around 43 euro a month up to ten meg,,

regards

in regards to the satelite internet failing or is probably too slow

from my experience i would say that its the tv-service you have thats failing or is overloaded

and probably not the sat-net,

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

You can get a Nova cyprus card from multichoice(for Hotbird 13e) and a Showtime card (Nilesat 7w)from,well ,email me and I will give you details.

You will also need a decent sat receiver with a card slot (or two if you want both packages).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 9 years ago

Next question ......... where do we get the cards? and can we get a card which will give us the range of channels we should get with the two satellites we now have? . Unfortunately we do not have room for a 3 meter dish.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phelps - 9 years ago

If you are looking for BBC and ITV English soaps you are stuck with what you have or as Simon says a showtime card, without spending a fortune.

If you want BBC prime,BBC World, Nat geo, Nat geo wild, History, Bio, Actionmax, MGM movies Fox sport, eurosport1,2 and some others all in english you need the digiturk package off 7east, about €120. this with 7W you will still retain MBC2,3,4,action,max,persia, fox movies, series all in English

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

Either install a 3m dish for bbc/itv/ch4/five/film four/ and much more or buy an original showtime card.

These two are the best for English speaking entertainment.

Next question.