DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Updated sky viewing cards

Posted by soulla15 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Builder Boy - 5 years ago

If you have a Sky sunbscription then you probably need to have your dish realigned.

If you don't have a subscription then that is probably all you can receive in the way of channels.

With a subscription, especially a HD one there are still many dozens of channels available plus you can get Sky OnDemand which allows you to download programmes using BBC iPlayer, ITV player plus Channel 4 and 5 and archived Sky programmes and movies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dmac4x4 - 5 years ago

Have the new card but over the last year seem to have lost everything except VIVA and CNN. Hace 3.2 dish and live in Limassol, any Ideas anyone?

Sorry no image available
Posted by dmac4x4 - 9 years ago

Have just orderd one through my son's address. Cost Stg 19.59

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

If she was receiving these channels recently then I assume she has a big enough dish, so it's either moved,there is a spider in the feedhorn,the LNB needs replacing or the digibox is faulty.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brenh34 - 9 years ago

I have been reading this post with interest as we are housesitting for my sister in law at the moment in Potomas Yermasogia. She had always told us that she cannot get any BBC or ITV channels now although she used to be able to. This has been going on for some time. She has the new sky card. I wondered if Simonskyman had any suggestions as to what the problem could be. She is coming back tomorrow and I would love to have some info to give her.

Sorry no image available

Firstly, if you are sure the address of the card you are using is not traceable, then cancel the payments to sky because they will assume you have received the replacement card and still charge you.

You can get just a card for your receiver. Either with your own supplied address or another card supplied from a dealer, and set up a new payment method with sky. This can be all arranged in Cyprus, if you can't do it your own way.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cookthebook - 9 years ago

The bloke here in Paralimni who sold us our 2.8 mtr dish 3 years ago plus sky box and got us a sky card from an unamed person in the UK (Who has now gone underground)!! Tells us that our only option to get around the new card issue is to buy a whole new box and package from the UK!!! This seems to be an extreme way forward but all my enquiries regarding obtaining a replacement card require me to give details of my previous address that I do not have because the initial provider was someone I didn't have details about. I am currently paying sky £48 a month to have a permenant reminder telling me to put my new card in the box. Please can someone tell me how to get out of this situation. Cookthebook.

Sorry no image available

You didnt say what message you are getting on screen. If it is "this card is not authorised" then you have to call sky to activate the card.

Sorry no image available
Posted by i-Mac - 9 years ago

HiI've just bought the new white freesat card from the UK, but I'm still unable to receive the free channels FIVE/FIVER/FIVE USA and SKY THREE, do I have to register the new card with Sky.CheersNeil.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Angie H - 9 years ago

Hello

I'm a bit worried that the agent mentioned might be the company we used. I have paid my £150 and still haven't received my card. Nor can I get in touch by phone or e-mail.

Do you have the name of this agent so I can check if its the one we used

Regards

Angie