DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone in Anogyra ?

Posted by JohnI-678238 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gerrybartholomew-683464 - 9 years ago

I live in Anogyra and have a totally different view of village life here from the previous writer. The village is fantastic, it has 2 shops and a coop, not 1. It has a tavern with a pool and the one that is closed will be reopening in March 2010. It takes 30 minutes to get to Limassol, yes there is no school, but there are a few children here, including an American family. There is a ratio of 60% English and a great community. Ther are plenty of properties to rent and I would thoroughly recommend it here. I am not retired and travel to work every day to Limassol, its no great hardship and for the benefit of living in one of the best villages around well worth it.

Gerry

Sorry no image available
Posted by den-666967 - 9 years ago

Anogyra is a place where retired people live. Ex pats that lived there, some of them they sold their houses and gone. Not to mention that the locals took it on them and they inflated the prices for their houses!!! The school is nearly non existing and there is nothing for the kids to do. they have one supermarket and a coop. Very lonely and "abandoned" feeling there. Certainly not for kids! To drive to Limassol you need about 40 minutes.

Look better in Ag. Tyhonas, Pareklishia, Pyrgos etc, or if you want to go the other way, better go to Pissouri! There is lots of things happening on the villages I noted, and is only 10- minute drive from Limassol except Pissouri, probably 20.