DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anything on for Halloween?

Posted by steffnixon - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gizzy-701476 - 8 years ago

hiya, i know tapps bar in limassol are having a halloween party on saturday the 30th, 50euro voucher to spend in tapps bar for the best dressed, hope this is local to you, should be a good night, jimmy

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aase - 9 years ago

The Halloween party at Dragon will be at the Junior school on Saturday 31st October from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The entrance is 5 euros per person which includes a hot drink, pumpkin soup and a bread-roll + facepainting, games and other events. Both kids and adults are encouraged to dress up!!!

It should be a lot of fun and even though there will be some trick and treat, the focus will be on the games and the fun.

Sorry no image available

Will do! We went to the Heritage one last year and came back with enough sweets for a year! Most of it ended up in the bin as my kids don't cope well with sweets either and I don't cope well with them after they have had too many sweets!

The event will be discussed at the PTA meeting tomorrow so should have some news next week.

Sorry no image available
Posted by steffnixon - 9 years ago

Wow! There's much more going on than I thought! Thanks everyone for the information, I am especially interested in any fireworks. Aase - will you let me know when you find out more about the dragon school event? My boys cant handle their sugar too well so it might be a better one for them lol! :D

Sorry no image available

The Dragon School will also be holding a Halloween event this year, focusing more on the traditional Halloween games than on the candies and the trick or treat. I believe it will be open to public but will confirm this later.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mollyc - 9 years ago

JJ's Lounge Bar on the Larnaca-Dhekelia are holding a kids party 31st Oct 2pm till 4pm disco, fancy dress games ect

Sorry no image available
Posted by zoopigi-664038 - 9 years ago

Hi Steff. The Heritage school has events for both Halloween and Bonfire night. The Halloween event is trick or trunk, where people come dressed in costume, they then open their 'trunk' or boot of the car, and set up the stuff for the trick or treaters. Kids get to walk around and get candy, play and just enjoy being in costume, at night! (Not late- i believe the event ended at aroud 6:30pm last year?)

For bonfires, the have a huge disco, and firework display, with food, drinks and lots of music. (Alas no bonfire- too dry at this time of year!

Both events take place on school grounds, and are thoroughly enjoyable!

Sorry no image available

Cheers JMC will do!

Sorry no image available
Posted by JMC-684723 - 9 years ago

Usually Bonfire night is celebrated in Happy Valley or elsewher on the bases. Get the Cyprus Lion and check it out!

Sorry no image available

Thanks musical mary, I had a wee look there and although it looks like great fun I was hoping for something in Limassol. If there is nothing closer I might be tempted to make the trip tho :)