DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Education

Posted by wilfmoralee - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by middlesbroughfc-Nik09- - 8 years ago

hi well thing is at such a young age they will be able 2 learn the language as a first language so it will be easy for them... the cypriot schools are very good, i am 17 i have been in cypriot school my whole life and i am in the technichal collage of paphos and its probably the best decision i have made in my life, my mam wanted to send me 2 a private school but i wanted 2 stay in cypriot school, if u finish a cypriot collage with grades they are valued as much as an Alevel and can get you into universitys and so forth but as i said at souch a young age they will pick it up strait away

Sorry no image available
Posted by DaveLewis - 8 years ago

hi, I think you're at the right time to choose either option. As long as you can put them into a nursery situation where they will get to know some Greek and help them along at home it's not too late for your two year old to succeed at Greek school. Older children do suffer but if they can integrate and be bilingual, the Greek schools can be good. On the other hand, some private schools can be poor. Don't forget that some are there for profit and will take your money and try to squeeze the biggest profit from it. Be careful if you look at private schools. You should be looking for resources and plans for further resources, quality of teaching staff - you don't need a teaching qualification to teach in a private school in Cyprus - and talk about the curriculum, aspirations for the children and support available if necessary. If you do want to look at private schools you'll be looking at between 100 and 250 euros per week with discounts for siblings.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprustk - 8 years ago

The state schools in Cyprus provide the curriculum in Greek as you can imagine as the spoken language is Greek.
Therefore is better if you need to follow the english curriculum to put them in a good private school.

There are a lot of good private ones and a lot of people here can advice you for some of them.