DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Med Junior

Posted by delboy10069 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by delboy10069 - 7 years ago

Hi Dick, Just realised, we never got back to you to say thanks for your reply/info.

We moved to Larnaca Dec 2010 and our son started Med Junior 12th Jan 2011. It was a really easy transition made much easier with the fact that he really likes his school and his teacher, Mr Dieter. We haven't made any friends with the other parents yet as it seems to be a drop off and pick up school. We don't see the other parents, only in their cars.

Well, lets hope we can meet other parents at a school event x

Thanks again, regards, Michelle

Sorry no image available
Posted by maple-715085 - 7 years ago

Hi Dick,

I saw your post and would like to ask you. I am moving to Cyprus soon from Canada. I have started researching international schools over there.
My son has been on IEP program, has some learning disability issue and ADD. I read people's comments about Med School and it seems to be very nice.

After the high school, I would like my son to come back to Canada for his post secondary school. Do you know anything about how it works from a high school from Cyprus to overseas post secondary schools? Is the education in Cyprus recognized in Canada?

thanks,

maple

Sorry no image available
Posted by dickd - 8 years ago

Hi, Del and Michelle,

We have been on the island a year and both our boys go to Med,our 13-year-old to Med High and our 8-year-old to Med Junior.Med Junior and Med high are on the same site, so there are around 350 kids on the same site. This makes for a smaller school, which is friendly and supportive. Both our boys have settled well and made friends easily, as have we with other parents.

Dick.