DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

re,schools in paphos

Posted by n76 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mr Bean-717382 - 7 years ago

Emba (EPEC) school is the only place I know, that you will get excellent tuition and at a very reasonable cost. The husband and wife team along with another experienced male tutor, are only interested in teaching and not on making money out of trusting parents. You will find that this team, will get results where others may fail. I write this only as a parent that has experience their teaching methods and seen the results

Sorry no image available
Posted by randa riad - 7 years ago

hello,

i am moving to cyprus withen couple of weeks ,and i really want to know the fee for drake house school .thanks a lot

Sorry no image available
Posted by Looby Loo-695404 - 9 years ago

I have read with interest your recent comments about a school you clearly know very little about. I know for a fact, that you have never discussed the fees with the Headteacher or seen them in print; have not enquired about the curriculum; seen a timetable; looked at text books; found out about the IGCSEs being taught or exam. boards, and know nothing about the facilities, because you have never been there.

And as for being 'nice ladies', I assure you that when I was Headteacher of a boys secondary school in the UK, I was not best known for being 'nice', rather for being a good school manager and a good teacher.

The school to which you refer opens officially on 1 March, and anyone who wants to know about it, can ring, email, visit the website or us, then, or any other time thereafter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aimeecyprus - 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I do beg to differ on your comment about the costs. Yes they are cheaper than some of the bigger schools but having said that the facilities are nowhere near as good so they should be! I have friends at a couple of other places in the area that are cheaper (1 mentioned in several earlier posts) and brilliant, the kids are coming on very well at both schools and the teachers commitment is fantastic. I think that it is so important to make the right decision and we need to be very careful which the choice we make. I am glad that your son is doing well and I'm sure that if the school is as good as you say it will do well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by St Edmund - 9 years ago

Hi Aimeecyprus, I can quite understand any parent being anxious about any new school,especially if you are not fully aware of the quality of tuition, but I have total faith in the excellent qualified teachers at Drake House, and their total commitment to their students and parents. It is not just a case that they happen to be nice ladies, as you put it, but more significantly, it is their many years of experience, that they bring to the classroom. I am quite sure, that there is no other school in the Paphos area that can offer a better education for our son. As far as the fees are concerned, I also understand the financial constraints on the majority of parents here in Paphos, but to be quite frank about this, the fees that you mention are well below that of the large established schools. What would you prefer, paying a great deal more, and your child sat with thirty or more other children in a classroom, or the individual attention to each child that is so important. I wish you luck in your very important decision.

Sorry no image available

Hi St Edmund- it's great that you have found something that suits your needs however as I said before, it may be quite expensive for a lot of people at that price for the service offered. I would also be a little careful as you said the place has been open a few months, many of these ventures fail early on and with the best will in the world they do not all succeed and then leave lots of parents out of pocket and kids with no education. I would personally prefer to look at a more established education centre as if your child is near exams it is not worth risking their education as 'nice' as these ladies may be!
Aimee x

Sorry no image available
Posted by St Edmund - 9 years ago

I speak from experience, as my son attends Drake House, and I can recommend this centre of learning to all parents who are seeking first class English teachers. Drake House has only been running for a few months, but in that time, our son has come on in leaps and bounds educationally, and it is for one reason only, and that is the exceptional skills of the very experienced qualified teachers. It is the first time since coming to Cyprus, that our son, has received a good quality of tutoring. I can't praise the teachers enough, they have saved our son's education, and we can only say a very big thank you.

Sorry no image available

They are also very expensive for the service that they are offering. I inquired recently and found the 4800 that they want per year too much, there are much better places around if you are prepared to look for them- over 1000 euros more that other places- hence my kids wont be attending there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by neil123-668052 - 9 years ago

You can get full details of Drake house here,

I have heard they are very good

http://www.paphospeople.com/drake_house.html

Sorry no image available
Posted by sheesh1960 - 9 years ago

Sorry forgot to say they charge 20 euro a day.