DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Red Dragon Senior School Limassol

Posted by Niknak-689648 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Niknak-689648 - 9 years ago

Thanks Flowerpower, it's good to hear about actual experience.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Flowerpower-660633 - 9 years ago

My 2 (13 and 15) also moved to the senior school from The Heritage and are very happy with the move.  
The teachers are all English Curriculum trained with good experience and there are important factors such as actually doing experiments for Science rather than all theory which apparently is the norm in Cyprus so the Red Dragon is fairly unique in this way.  How can you do a science GCSE without ever seeing what happens in an experiment?  
The PE is great as they make a point of getting out of the school grounds, they have been kayaking and playing squash already and the future lessons involve sailing, skiing, wall climbing and all kinds of more diverse experiences rather than just playing football or basketball.
It really does seem a great atmosphere and all kids really pull together and are given responsibilities for the day to day running and what goes on which is a good lesson for the future.  The PTA also is allowed to have a say and as a parent I feel better about at least being able to have an opinion.
I think it's worth at least visiting the school to talk to the head about the way they do things to get a feel for the school.  You've lost nothing by a visit.

Please feel free to email me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Niknak-689648 - 9 years ago

Thank you for this.  I understand the premises are not perfect but the attitude and personality of the school is great and I was told there are many improvements underway.  At the end of the day you want the best education and confidence building for your child.
I have looked into other schools but not been too impressed with alternatives so I think the Red Dragon School is definitely worth looking into.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kolossi crew - 9 years ago

I can definitely recommend the Dragon School my son started the junior school at Easter and is now in the new senior school. Mr Howells and his staff are very approachable, before we moved our son from the Heritage he went on a trial day, he wanted to move the next day. Our sons grades and attitude to school improved dramatically in such a sort period of time.