DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Relocating with 3 year old - any advice??

Posted by rachaelc - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rachaelc - 9 years ago

Thank you all for your replies. At the back of my mind i know i am doing the right thing long term, I think we all just need that little bit of reassurance! I am glad you have all settled in well, I am sure that we will too.xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lily2211 - 9 years ago

Hi

If your planning another baby be prepared for alot of costs during pregnancy and birth. Most women give birth in private clinics. I only know of one women who had her baby in the general hospital, she said it was fine. I think maybe there is some snobery about giving birth in General, they seem to prefer to pay. I have had two children here in clinics. So that is maybe an area to research. My kids have been born here but I do know of people who have moved here with children pretty young. They went to Greek schools and picked up language very quickly. It is a great place to bring up kids. I wish you and your family lots of luck.

Sian

Sorry no image available
Posted by Berry-674497 - 9 years ago

Hi well this should tell you something my kids have grown up here since 10 years old and they are now off to University and say they will come back to raise their kids here!

Sorry no image available
Posted by AL.ALI - 9 years ago

Hi there she will have no problem settling in Cyprus. She can go to a local greek school and she will pick up the language in no time.

Its safer here for the kids i have 4 myself. Imved here a year ago withmy family. My girls had no problems in the gk school.

The younger they are the easier it is.

Wish you all the best for your move. Your doing the right thing.