DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

School for 4 yr old in Peyia

Posted by samantha Hogben - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosie8 - 8 years ago

Hi my friend is sending her older child to TLC and has a 3 year old she would like to start in January- I know they have a couple of other 3/4 year olds that my possibly be starting. They have most of the play equipment ready and have a member of staff on standby as the Nursery emerges. One of the directors is Nursery/ Infant trained so I would watch this space. Also did you know they are running an after school Fun club on the premesis from 1 until 5?

Sorry no image available
Posted by toby-699613 - 8 years ago

Hi- the government school in peyia is supposed to be good - there is a nursery attached as they don't actually start school until they are 6 so he would need to be in a nursery rather than a formal school setting. He definitely needs to be around other kids of his age for stimulation and development and you can not guarantee that numbers in a new school will pick up quickly if at all- many come and go whilst people are waiting for them to pick up numbers and be successful. You only have to look at the 3 in the Paphos area that disappeared last year alone. At such a young age he would be better in an established nursery or pre school - there are many around that are good and would meet his needs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by karenp43-667204 - 8 years ago

Hi there

I have a friend who lives in Peyia and she has sent her daughter to the local government primary school for the past year and she is doing great. She is 5 years old. She also goes to the afterschool club in the village.

If you are sending your older child to the new Learning Centre which is new, and the owners are great people. They certainly know what they are doing. If I was in your shoes, I would send my younger child to the local school first until numbers picked up for the under age range at TLC and then settle them in on a new term. I would certainly want my children going to the same school if possible.

Good luck with what ever you decide, but you must go with your own instincts as a parent and do what is best for them.

Best regards

Karen